Strawberries, feta cheese, toasted almonds and romaine lettuce in a sweet and tangy delectable dressing! It sound odd at first, but it is wonderful.
Make sure you use all organic and fresh ingredients.
Recipe Yield 10 servings
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve.
MMM fresh, crisp and complex on the palette